Job Overview: The Office Manager will be in charge of the recruitment, hiring and payroll processes and will provide administrative and clerical support to Managers and will ensure that line associates receive the highest level of support and service.
This is an ideal position for a high energy, service-oriented individual interested in pursuing opportunities in the Human Resources field. Candidate should be highly motivated with excellent people skills, looking forward to work in a self-sufficient work environment, capable of initiating and implementing changes within a large resort department.
Availability: Position requires 35-40 hours a week over a flexible 7 day schedule. Facilitate the hiring of new employees on a variable timeframe. Facilitate payroll process between the hours of 7AM and 12PM every Saturday. On occasion, trips to the corporate office in Ft. Lauderdale are required.
Reports to: The General Property Manager and the SP+ Human Resources Director
Key Relationships: All internal and external guests, all associates, Hotel Management, Corporate staff.
Standard Specifications and Essential Job Duties: Responsibilities include but are not limited to;
1. Hiring: Request / place advertisements, accept and process applications, interview candidates, and hire associates entailing USA Parking and Boca Raton Resort standards. Also includes sending new hires for drug tests, scheduling orientation and start date, updating master schedule, ordering nametags, and issuing uniforms.
2. Training: Coordinate SP+ University online training for new hires, help with general training issues. Hold onsite training classes and employee meetings.
3. Human Resources: Ensure new hire process is completed in iCims. Process all associate warnings, counseling notes, status changes and reviews and send them in a timely manner to the payroll department. Initiate and/or assist in progressive disciplinary actions. Monitor employee attendance and performance. Monitor overtime and tips. Create and implement materials and motivational programs for associates (i.e., opinion surveys, communication boards, associate of the month program,). Coordinate and ensure that 45 day and annual reviews are completed in a timely manner. Keep an open line of communication between staff. Act as a liaison between resort and corporate offices and on site associates. Act a liaison between corporate HR and resort HR.
4. Payroll: Gathering hours from WorkRecords, ensuring hours in Kronos match the hours from WorkRecords, and inputting into payroll spreadsheet. Also updating payroll spreadsheet with correct employee ID’s and ensuring that everyone has the proper paperwork turned in. Setting up associate’s direct deposit. Monitor overtime and tip claiming.
5. Scheduling: Upkeep of master schedule. Prepare weekly schedule based on forecast, master schedule and associates’ requests.
6. General: Pick up mail, Catering & Convention Resume’s and sort on a daily basis. Answer office phones and retrieve voice mail messages. Update CVPS with daily and weekly parties and events information. Take meetings minutes. Keep inventory of uniforms and office supplies. Restock and order supplies as needed.
1. Ability to communicate effectively in English in both written and oral forms.
2. Must be at least 18 years of age.
3. Must have a GED or higher education.
4. Minimum of 2+ years’ experience working in an HR, Payroll or administrative role.
5. Intermediate MS Office skills.
6. Ability to handle HR functions and tasks professionally and in a timely manner.
7. Ability to maintain high standard of cleanliness of work area, personal appearance, organization, etc.
8. Ability to maintain high standard of confidentiality.
9. Ability to preplan, prepare, and organize effectively.
10. Excellent problem solving skills.
11. Drug test and criminal review will be administered.
1. Able to sit and work at a computer keyboard for extended periods of time.
2. Able to stoop, kneel, bend at the waist and reach on a daily basis.
3. Able to perform general office administrative activities: copying, filing, delivering and using the telephone.
4. Able to lift and move up to 25 pounds occasionally.
This job posting does not include the full range of functions/duties of the position. Associate will be required to perform any other job-related duties as assigned by their supervisor including the corporate office. This document does not create any employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" employment relationship. A full job description is available upon request.
SP+ Hospitality is an equal opportunity employer committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, train, and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability or other classes protected by federal or state law.
SP+ Hospitality does not tolerate harassment of or retaliation against any employee or applicant on the basis of these characteristics, or because the individual exercised his or her EEO rights.